Deadline: February 14, 2021
Center for Institutional Studies in Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of Empirical Banking and Household Finance.
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
- Candidates must hold a recent PhD in the field of Economics, Banking, Finance or related areas which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university;
- Candidates should have a strong background in Economics, Econometrics, Banking, Finance or Household Finance, interest in applied empirical research in the mentioned fields accompanied by (a) clear research project proposal(s), as well as the ability to work in a team and on his/her own research projects,
- Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required;
- Relevant experience will be an asset although not required.
The position involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Maria Semenova, Senior Research Fellow at CInSt, HSE, and Associate Professor at the School of Finance, HSE.
- participants are encouraged to pursue the research on topic(s) within at least one of the following broad areas:
- The influence of institutional diversity and institutional and regulatory change on banks’ stability, profitability and other outcomes: cross-country analysis;
- Banking in Russia;
- Households’ financial strategies in emerging economies
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the CInSt;
- participation in the events of the CInSt and other contribution to the CInSt development;
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the academic community;
- some teaching is encouraged.