Deadline: July 1, 2021
The Department of Chinese, German, Italian, Japanese, and Russian Studies at Colorado College is soliciting applications for the position of Cultural Program Coordinator (CPC) of the Russian House for the academic year of 2021-2022. The Russian House is a small dormitory for 12 students studying Russian language, literature, history, and culture.
We are looking for candidates with experience in teaching Russian to non-Russian speakers, proficient in both Russian and English, energetic, with good communicative skills, and enthusiastic about Russian culture. Applicants should have a completed Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Russian or related disciplines.
The CPC’s responsibilities include:
- teaching Maintenance Skill Russian language classes at the Beginning, Intermediate, and Advanced levels (six hours per week),
- holding regular office hours (four hours per week),
- maintaining the CC Russian web page,
- organizing extracurricular activities,
- creating posters and announcements for the Russian events: weekly Russian teas, Russian dinners,
- maintaining an active cultural life at the Russian House.
• $900 for each adjunct course taught for a maximum of $2,700 per semester (subject to U.S. taxes) payable at the end of each block.
• a salary of $6,000 for the academic year (subject to U.S. taxes) for your work coordinating cultural activities on campus, payable twice a month. You have the option of earning additional remuneration through additional language tutoring and grading (subject to U.S. taxes).
• Private room with bath, microfridge, voice mail, and furniture.
• $1600 per semester for food ($3200 for the academic year), paid at the beginning of each semester (subject to U.S. taxes).
• Up to 2 courses per semester (audit or take for credit) for free.
• Reimbursement for a least-cost round-trip economy flight to Colorado Springs; please keep a copy of your receipt for reimbursement (subject to U.S. taxes).
The letters of interest and resumes should be written in English and Russian and sent via email. All the application materials should be submitted no later than July 1, 2021.
Address to apply:
Professor Alexei Pavlenko by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Colorado College is an equal opportunity employer committed to increasing the diversity of its community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, gender identity or expression, disability, or sexual orientation in our educational programs and activities or our employment practices.
Link to Colorado College job posting: https://employment.coloradocollege.edu/postings/4902