Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Graduate School at the University of Texas at Austin has an open position for a communications specialist to support its strategic communication efforts.
- Work collaboratively with members of communication team and other offices within the Graduate School to execute a variety of campaigns.
- Write various news stories, press releases and marketing materials to promote Graduate School programs.
- Draft correspondence—including emails, official remarks and announcements—to campus stakeholders.
- Assist in coordinating media requests and generating responses to reporters on Graduate School operations.
- Develop content for the Graduate School’s marketing campaign to recruit top graduate students to the university.
- Work with the Graduate School’s recruitment team and graduate programs across campus to develop content for the campaign.
- Support content strategy and production for the Graduate School’s social media platforms.
- Assist with coordinating logistics for photography and video production projects.
- Work with external vendors including graphic designers on print and digital projects.
- Assist with maintaining Graduate School websites and contributing to an upcoming website redesign project.
- Work with communications colleagues in the Provost’s and President’s Offices to support central communications strategies and brand standards.
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, marketing or related discipline with at least five years of experience in related communications positions; strong writing skills; and experience with digital communications strategies and platforms.
Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
Master’s degree in related discipline; experience in marketing/communications in higher education; familiarity with graduate education.