Deadline: Open Until Filled
University Bridge (www.ubridge.org) is seeking a team member for a full-time position in Irvine, California.
We are an education company that runs 2+2 transfer pathway programs located in California and Virginia. The programs help international students with every aspect of life inside and outside of school for the first two years of their US college experience. We then assist with guaranteed transfer admissions to 5 of the Top 40 US universities through our community college partnerships.
The Job: You will be responsible for the academic progress, retention and eventual success of our cohort of international students who attend University Bridge @ Irvine Valley College (our program in affiliation with the Irvine Valley College). This includes both planned and ad-hoc meetings with students to answer questions related to their current needs, as well as future transfer planning, usually within the UC or CSU systems. In addition, the associate director will be responsible for prompt reporting of general student updates and issues to families and other UBridge employees. Services are not a replacement of, rather a complement to, existing services provided by the college.
Responsible for daily management of student housing needs. Also, responsible for maintaining a social calendar for students. This includes, but is not limited to MLB and NBA games, go-karting, bowling, UC Irvine and other campus tours, LA/SD visits, etc.
- Candidates should have experience in two key areas: college transfer advising and residential/social services and support. Although not required, the perfect candidate will have experience with international students. Organization and leadership skills are imperative. The right person for this position will need to walk the line between academic advising and thoughtful residential management, as well as be able to coordinate and attend fun social activities with international students.
- College transfer advising: Because our students will typically be utilizing the UC and CSU transfer guarantees, it is crucial to have a deep understanding of UC TAG and CSU’s “A Degree with a Guarantee.” Candidates should possess knowledge of, and be comfortable navigating, articulation agreements that sync up with ever changing, two-year student education plans. Maintaining relationships with key players at our education partner is also important for success.
Candidates with community college transfer guidance or UC/CSU admissions experience will be given top consideration for this position.
- – Residential/social support: Our students live together in an off-campus apartment complex that serves as their immediate community. Organization and timeliness are paramount in being able to manage the needs of student living, from move-ins and move-outs to day-to-day living needs, including conflict management. In addition, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining a social events calendar of activities that students enjoy. The right candidate is someone who can inject energy and enthusiasm into these events and have a good eye for what activities the students enjoy. Should also have the ability to connect with students through technology-enabled apps.
- Bachelor’s degree with three or more years of work experience required; recent graduates of Master’s program also considered.
- Ability to work with flexible hours is a must.
The Location: Time will be spent at Irvine Valley College’s campus as well as the student apartments in Irvine. Must live within 15 minutes of IVC or willing to relocate.
Start date is immediate. Must be authorized to work in the United States, have a car and valid driver’s license.
Online training, preparation, and advising work to start due to COVID. Then the right candidate should be prepared to work with vaccinated students face-to-face by fall term.
Interested candidates should apply with your resume and one or more paragraphs about why you are interested and what you bring to the table.