Deadline: March 1, 2022
Accepting applications for SLI’s 2022 summer intensive language programs!
The Summer Language Institute (www.sli.pitt.edu) at the University of Pittsburgh is accepting applications to summer 2022 programs in Pittsburgh and abroad, as well as to our trademark 10-week Pitt+abroad programs. SLI is planning a primarily in-person program in 2022, but will offer a limited number of online, synchronous sections for some of our most in-demand languages, and we welcome inquiries from students about the availability of their preferred instructional format.
Our priority application due date for best funding consideration is March 1, which is also the deadline to be considered for a summer FLAS scholarship from Pitt’s CREEES. Our 2022 languages are:
Arabic (Beginning and Intermediate)
Also offering study abroad in Podgorica, Montenegro!
Also offering study abroad in Prague, Czech Republic!
Also offering study abroad in Krakow, Poland!
Slovak (Beginning-4th year)
Also offering study abroad in Bratislava, Slovakia!
For specific program offerings, dates, and links to our applications, visit: www.sli.pitt.edu
SLI Program Highlights:
- Intensive language training: 2 semester’s worth of academic credit (6-10 credits) and the corresponding proficiency gains in one summer
- Generous scholarships available: all applicants eligible to apply for scholarship support from SLI (including non-Pitt, out-of-state students and not-currently-enrolled language learners)
- Cultural enrichment through films, lectures, masterclasses on arts, music, and movement, extra-curriculars, excursions, ethnic picnics, and more
- A diverse student body of undergraduate and graduate students from institutions all around the country and highly-motivated, non-student learners
- Expert teaching faculty of highly experienced, dedicated, friendly, and inspiring language teachers
SLI celebrates a 33-year tradition of passionate teaching and proven results. Students who complete SLI programs rapidly acquire language proficiency and cultural competency, while enjoying the camaraderie of other motivated language learners and friendly, experienced instructors. Enjoy the culturally rich, urban environment of University of Pittsburgh’s main campus or come abroad with us!
To explore our programs and apply: www.sli.pitt.edu
Direct questions to SLI Director, Kathleen Manukyan: firstname.lastname@example.org