Deadline: September 1, 2022
The Finance and Administrative Officer is responsible for operational matters concerning the Belgrade office, as well as the provision of all administrative and financial services and transactions. The Finance and Administrative Officer works in conjunction with Belgrade office staff, Washington-based DC Finance department, and other staff as needed.
- Oversee the smooth day-to-day functioning of the Belgrade office;
- Ensure that American Councils Serbia Representation is abreast of all compliance issues;
- Supervise the maintenance and management of all records and documents related to the operations of the American Councils Serbia office;
- Prepare and maintain human resources records and documents in compliance with Serbia labor code;
- Coordinate contracts for all Serbia-based local long-term, short-term, and temporary staff;
- Provide visa support for American Councils staff;
- Organize and supervise the provision/maintenance/repair of services and goods essential to office function;
- Responsible for all bank-related work, including submitting documentation for bank account annual renewal
- Register American Councils’ non-profit programs with the tax authorities and submit invoices for the VAT exemption procedure.
- Create and submit budget requests and electronic expense reports to Washington, DC’s financial department on a monthly and annual basis;
- Provide consultation to regional finance staff on American Councils internal procedures on an as-needed basis;
- File taxes and reports according to local laws;
- Process and track operational and programmatic transactions with VAT exemption whenever feasible;
- Provide administrative and logistical support to all programs, assisting office staff in everyday routine work as well as the organization of special events such as workshops, trainings, seminars, etc.
- Organize and facilitate American Councils staff visits to Serbia if needed;
- Other duties as assigned, relating the administrative and programmatic advancement of American Councils.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- At least 3 years of work experience in managing financial transactions and office administration;
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Serbian;
- Up-to-date IT and social media competency;
- Effective communication and representational skills;
- Demonstrated effective financial, organizational, and planning skills.