Deadlines: February 15 and March 15, 2023
Prospective students are encouraged to apply to the following programs:
- Advanced Russian Language and Area Studies Program, currently offered at:
- Al-Farabi Kazakh National University (KazNU) in Almaty, Kazakhstan
- Yerevan State University in Yerevan, Armenia
- Balkan Language Initiative, which offers the following languages and locations:
- Albanian in Tirana, Albania
- Bosnian in Sarajevo, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Bulgarian in Sofia, Bulgaria
- Macedonian in Skopje, North Macedonia
- Serbian in Belgrade, Serbia
- Montenegrin and Serbian in Podgorica, Montenegro
- Eurasian Regional Language Program, offering 15 different languages, including:
- Kazakh in Almaty, Kazakhstan
- Azerbaijani and Turkish in Baku, Azerbaijan
- Kyrgyz in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
- Romanian and Ukrainian in Chisinau, Moldova
- Pashto, Persian (Dari/Farsi/Tajiki), and Uzbek in Dushanbe, Tajikistan
- Chechen, Georgian, and Ukrainian in Tbilisi, Georgia
- Armenian in Yerevan, Armenia
- Overseas Professional and Intercultural Training Program (summer only):
- Internships in 19 different countries in the Balkans, Caucasus, East Asia, Eastern Europe, and Eurasia
- Disciplines in Business and Innovation, Democracy Building and Human Rights, Ecology and Environmental Issues, Education Management, Gender and Women’s Rights, Journalism and Mass Media, Marketing and Communications, Public Health, and Social Services
Program participants live with host families, meet with conversation partners for up to two hours per week, and go on weekly excursions to aid cultural integration and support academic learning. All activities are conducted in the target language to foster greater language gains.
Participants receive between 15 and 20 hours of instruction in small classes each week, earning 8 undergraduate/7 graduate credit hours in summer and 16 undergraduate/15 graduate credit hours for semester programming from Bryn Mawr College upon successful completion.
Generous financial aid is available through the U.S. Department of State, the U.S. Department of Education, and several American Councils Scholarships, including the Diversity and Inclusion Scholarship and the Dan E. Davidson Scholarship for advanced language students. To learn more, please visit our Financial Aid page.
If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com.