Deadline: December 14, 2023 or 50 applications
- Coordinate, plan, and execute events, meetings, and conference calls.
- Work with Kennan staff to develop and execute high-level briefing events at the Wilson Center and elsewhere.
- Keep abreast of policy and legislative developments associated with Russia which may provide opportunities for expert engagement with policy stakeholders.
- Provide overall assistance for Kennan Institute programming and operations.
- Provide administrative support for scholars in residence and alumni in the U.S., Russia, Ukraine and the region.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular communication with interested stakeholders in government, media, private sector, nonprofit community and elsewhere.
- Work with senior staff to devise action plan for briefings, meetings and other activities designed to connect experts with policymakers, media and other audiences.
- Find new experts and identify new target audiences to expand the discussion of Russia and Ukraine in the press and other mainstream institutions and outlets
- Manage Kennan Institute social media profile, traditional media outreach, and other dissemination of research and activities.
Conditions of Employment
- May be required to serve a one-year probationary period
- Pre- appointment background investigation
- Must participate in Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds for salary payment
- Must meet Selective Service Registration Act requirement for males.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: To be considered minimally qualified for this position, you must demonstrate that you meet the required specialized experience for the respective grade level in which you are applying:
IS-8: Applicants must have at least one full-time year (12-months) of specialized experience at, or equivalent to, the IS-7 grade level performing most of the following duties and responsibilities:
- Excellent written and verbal skills, including demonstrated and strong public speaking skills; dialogue facilitation skills a plus.
- Ability to take initiative, to balance multiple tasks, and to learn quickly.
- Work effectively with a small team.
- Meticulously detail-oriented, highly organized, and resourceful.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to be consistently diplomatic, tactful, and professional, and to interact effectively.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, Internet-based tools, databases, and spreadsheets.
Advanced knowledge of Russian language is a plus, but not required.