Deadline for Application: March 13, 2018
The Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) is seeking applications for the following direct contracted posts from citizens of all 57 participating states. US citizens are encouraged to apply
Chief of Procurement and Contracts –
Area of Expertise: Procurement
Source: Apply before 3/13/18 directly on OSCE Website (at https://jobs.osce.org/how-to-apply)
Vacancy Number: VNSMUP00685
Experience Level: This is a P-4 Contracted Post
OSCE Closing Date: 3/13/2018 (For full consideration, apply well before the closing date)
Deputy Chief of Mission Security –
Area of Expertise: Security
Source: Apply before 3/14/18 directly on OSCE Website (at https://jobs.osce.org/how-to-apply)
Vacancy Number: VNSMUP00686
Experience Level: This is a P-3 Contracted Post
OSCE Closing Date: 3/14/2018 (For full consideration, apply well before the closing date)
Deadline for Applications: March 12, 2018
PAE Government Services, under contract for the U.S. Department of State, is seeking applications from US citizens for the following posts for secondment by the US Department of State.
Head of Public Safety and Community Outreach Department –
Area of Expertise: General Staff/Monitoring
Source: For full consideration, apply by 5 Mar. on PAE-REACT website at https://www.pae.com/careers-react
Vacancy Number: VNSKPS00516
Experience Level: Senior Management (S4)
OSCE Closing Date: 3/12/2018
Seeking applications from a political or social scientist or applicant with background in law or policing with international field mission, diplomatic and managerial experience to serve as the Head of the Public Safety and Community Outreach within the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) Mission to Skopje. The successful applicant will bring sound knowledge of strategic planning, policy guidance, staff supervision, project management and budgeting, briefings and updates for Head of Mission, public outreach reporting and publication clearance, and presentation of Mission’ activities as a liaison with international, government, diplomatic and NGO actors.
Political Officer –
Area of Expertise: Political Affairs
Source: For full consideration, apply by 10 Mar. on PAE-REACT website at https://www.pae.com/careers-react
Vacancy Number: VNTURS00110
Experience Level: Senior Professional (S2)
OSCE Closing Date: 3/17/2018
Seeking applications for a Political Officer with previous experience in a programmatic/strategic planning role, project management, including budgeting and in dealing with senior military and other high-level government officials. The incumbent will establish contacts and liaise with senior government officials of the Ministry of Defense, relevant parliamentary committees and other officials dealing with security and defense issues. Must have professional fluency in English and Russian, both oral and written.
Deadline for Applications: March 13, 2018
The United States Department of State is currently accepting applications for Foreign Service Information Management Specialist (IMS) positions.
Foreign Service Information Management Specialists are responsible for the installation, repair, and maintenance of a wide range of digital and telephone equipment. Take the IMS quiz to find out if you qualify for this specialization.
All potential applicants are strongly urged to read the entire vacancy announcement to ensure that they meet all of the requirements for this position before applying. To apply visit USAJOBS.gov.
Please note that the deadline to submit completed applications is March 13, 2018.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens, at least 20 years old to apply and at least 21 years of age to be appointed. By law, all career candidates must be appointed to the Foreign Service prior to the month in which they reach age 60, except for preference eligible veterans. Applicants must also be available for worldwide service, and be able to obtain all required security, medical and suitability clearances.
If you have any questions about this position or the Foreign Service, please email DOSITRecruitment@state.gov or search for topics of interest in forums or FAQs.
Deadline for Applications: Ongoing until Filled
Academic Studies Press (Boston, MA) is seeking experienced candidates for the position of Acquisitions Editor.
The Acquisitions Editor will be responsible for acquiring scholarly and academic titles in Slavic and Central Asian Studies.
Preference will be given to a candidate with editorial experience and a record of acquisitions, extensive contacts with a wide array of potential authors, and fluency in the critical literature of and the newest developments in these fields. Experience in securing funding for books requiring subsidies is desirable. The successful candidate for this position will work with the Senior Editor to design a focused publishing program, taking into consideration the best opportunities in these fields, as well as the candidate’s interests, professional training, and publishing experience.
The Acquisitions Editor will carry out the following responsibilities:
- Solicit and evaluate book proposals and manuscripts in the above stated areas
- Solicit, evaluate, and process reports from peer reviewers
- Present proposed books to the Senior Editor
- Negotiate contracts
- Prepare accurate budgets for books acquired
- Identify and secure funding for books requiring subsidies
- Maintain accurate and timely schedules for transmittal of manuscripts to production
- Attend relevant conferences and events
- Actively participate in sales and marketing plans for promoting publications
If you wish to be considered, please forward a resume and cover letter noting salary requirements in Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Applications: February 10, 2018
The Wilson Center seeks a Program Assistant for the Kennan Institute. The incumbent will provide administrative support to the program.
Must have experience:
- arranging travel and hotel accommodations
- completing appropriate travel authorizations and vouchers, purchase orders, and other accounting-related paperwork
- coordinating activities and planning upcoming events
- drafting correspondence
- proofreading correspondence and reports for correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling in English and/or Russian.
- Provides administrative support to Director, Deputy Director, and staff of the Kennan Institute.
- Prepares and edits various correspondences for proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Arranges travel and hotel accommodations for staff members and participants in the Institute’s activities; completes appropriate travel authorizations, travel vouchers, purchase orders, petty cash, and other accounting-related paperwork.
- Prepares and organizes Kennan Institute public events; responsible for set-up, microphones, and all other logistical matters.
- Organizes multi-day conferences including travel logistics, catering, supplies, creating and formatting agendas and program materials, and coordinating staff and attendees.
- Assists with scholar administration including organizing scholar competitions, onboarding procedure, management of internal scholar seminar schedule, visa support, and scholar list.
- Assists with outreach, including communications by phone, e-mail, webpages, and social media.
- Maintains and edits the Kennan Institute blogs.
- Answers phones and office-wide email to provide information related to program activities.
For more information and instructions on how to apply please visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/490150500
There is no limit to the number of applications received. Deadline for Applications is February 10, 2018
Deadline for Applications: Ongoing Until Filled
American Cultural Exchange Service (ACES) is seeking a qualified Resident Director (RD) to work on site with a group of 15 US high school students for an approximately six-week (approximately from the end of June to mid August) program in Moscow, Russia through the National Security Language Initiative for Youth (NSLI-Y) program. In Russia, students will engage in language learning in both formal (language courses) and informal settings (host family living). The RD is required to attend a two-day pre-program training in Bellevue, WA (late May to early June), attend a student orientation in Washington D.C., represent ACES for the duration of the program in Moscow, and submit a final report at the end of the program.
Deadline for Applications: February 5, 2018
Portland State University’s Russian Flagship Program seeks an experienced website developer to create a mobile-friendly website that will allow students of Russian to work on building skills to read in Russian. The Website Developer will work together with the Principal Investigator and the Project Manager during the designing and developing stages of the website, but the Website Developer will have primary responsibility for implementing the technology solution. The developer will act in consultation to think through solutions to this particular learning challenge. This may include implementing and extending existing open source tools, building, iterating on prototypes, and finding the best tool for the job. This is a grant-funded project through August 31, 2018, but there is the opportunity of continuation funding.
This classification requires a basic foundation of knowledge and skills of technology and information systems generally obtained through an AA degree in computer science, information systems, educational technology, communications, or related fields, or similar certified course work in applicable fields of study and at least one year of related work experience.
Additional Minimum Qualifications for this Position
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, OR equivalent work experience and education
• Strong commitment to troubleshooting issues
• Ability to work independently and to produce a high-quality website to customer specifications on an established deadline
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
Deadline for Applications: January 29, 2018
Senior Organized Crime Adviser
Level: Senior Professional
Vacancy Number: VNSRMS00508
Duty Station: Belgrade, Serbia
Apply by: 29 January 2018 for full consideration
View the job description: https://www.pae.com/careers-react-opportunities
In order to receive full consideration, interested parties should create an online application and enter the relevant vacancy number at: https://www.pae.com/careers-react by 29 January. Only finalists will be contacted. PAE-REACT will interview short-listed candidates in order to make nominations by the OSCE deadline.
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Excellent physical condition
- Possession of a valid automobile driving license and ability to drive using manual transmission
- Ability to cope with physical hardship and willingness to work extra hours and in an environment with limited infrastructure
- University education in law or significant work experience in criminal justice and/or law enforcement (the latter required for police corrections officer training)
- Advanced degree in relevant field
- Minimum 6 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience in the practice of law, e.g. judges, prosecutors, lawyers, etc.
- Previous experience in law enforcement and/or public administration
- Experience in project management, including planning, budgeting, implementation and evaluation
- Knowledge of courtroom proceedings and criminal law and procedure
- Knowledge of international legal procedure standards and instruments
- Knowledge of the standards and practices of modern criminal justice systems
- Demonstrable organizational, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good drafting skills and the ability to tailor reports and presentations to the needs of a specific audience
- Professional fluency in the English language, both oral and written
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a member of a team, with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, as well as the ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities
- Ability to operate Windows applications including word-processing and e-mail
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and with limited time frames
Deadline to apply: January 19th, 2018
(DOT will be considering CVs as they arrive, so please submit CV asap)
*Must be a Czech national
Digital Opportunity Trust is currently looking for a Bilingual Program Manager for its 5-month project in the Czech Republic.
About Digital Opportunity Trust
Digital Opportunity Trust (DOT) is an acclaimed international non-profit headquartered in Ottawa, Canada; with local operations around the globe. DOT is the leader in creating educational, economic, and entrepreneurial opportunity through the effective use of information and communication technology for communities and people in countries that are developing, in transition, or under stress. Continue reading
Deadline: March 1, 2018
The Serendipity American English and Culture Program has been in continuous operation at the American Home in Vladimir, Russia since September 1992 under the auspices of Serendipity: Russian Consulting & Development, Ltd.—now doing business as Serendipity-Russia. Demand for English lessons from native speakers remains very strong. In addition to classes, as noted above, our teachers offer lectures on topics of special interest to Russians.
This is an exceptional opportunity to experience Russia in a uniquely supportive atmosphere and to accomplish something worthwhile in the process. Previous teachers have commented very favorably on the quality of our facilities and teaching materials; the tremendous support provided by their colleagues, including our dedicated Russian staff; and how much they have enjoyed their Russian students. A significant number of our teachers have parlayed their experience in Vladimir into employment in Moscow or stateside—or into admission to major graduate programs, including top ranked law schools
- Russian Visa application support
For more information please click here!