The Music Service Center (MSC) is located in MRH 2.632, behind the grand staircase in the lobby level. This room has controlled access whenever it is not staffed by a building monitor. TAs and AIs receive a designated door code at the beginning of the year to print/make copies of class materials.
Building Monitor Hours
Saturday 12-4pm | 6pm-10pm
Sunday 10am-4pm | 6pm-10pm
MSC Policies for TAs and AIs
Copying and Printing
- Only copy and print materials related to your teaching responsibilities. Do not copy music under copyright
- If the copier jams, follow the instructions to unjam it. If a copier malfunction is beyond your ability to repair, call the number on the front of the copier and report it to Ricoh directly. They will send a technician to take care of it.
- If you install the last toner cartridge (located to the left of the copier in the box they ship in), notify Russell Podgorsek (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that he can place a new order.
- You can log into the computer in the MSC with your EID and password to print things out. DO NOT save items on the desktop and leave them there (put them in the Trash and Empty Trash when you’re done printing). If the machine’s hard drive fills up with docs of over 100 TA and AI, it will stop working.
Basic Space Rules
- Please clean up after yourself! The MSC is a shared space and being tidy is being a good colleague.
- Do not let anyone into the MSC. Only people with a key or access code should be entering.
- Do not share your door code or copier code with anyone.
- Do not accept any deliveries in the MSC if a delivery service shows up while you’re there, even if the delivery person is insistent. Send them to the Director’s Suite (MRH 3.832).
Key Checkout Policy
Keys for temporary access to rooms are available for checkout from the MSC. It is rare that you would need to check out a key as reserved classrooms are typically unlocked each morning. If you have a confirmed reservation and do check out a key, please return it to the MSC or the drop box outside of the MSC immediately after use. If you fail to return the key, you will be billed for the cost of rekeying and your account barred. Rekeying costs can run well above $500 as some rooms have multiple doors and some keys serve multiple rooms.
Lost & Found
The Butler School Lost & Found is kept in the Music Service Center. We will not hold on to clothes, water bottles, or coffee tumblers. Items left for a year are transferred to the UT Police Department Lost & Found.