The Performance Library provides parts to all Butler School of Music ensembles, and strives to provide music to the players at least two weeks before the first rehearsal. Occasionally, there may be disruptions to that schedule depending on shipment issues.
The Performance Library will email you directly when parts are ready. Please read these emails fully as additional information specific to your ensemble may be provided.
Please note: The Performance Library is not a publishing house. Although there are numerous overlaps in duties, the main function of the Performance Library is to order, mark, and circulate parts. Formatting parts to be print ready, correcting mistakes or reprinting for edits, and engraving parts are the responsibility of the composer and/or publisher.
We strive to provide parts of the highest quality for Butler School students and do everything we can to correct any issues in the parts before we make them available. If there is something in your part that you would like us to review, please feel free to stop by the Performance Library during business hours, or email Performance Librarian CJ Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location & Hours
The Performance Library is in MRH 2.616, and is open from 8am to 2pm, Monday through Friday.
Please pick up your parts during these normal open hours. In addition to these hours, you may pick up parts via the Music Service Center.
In using parts distributed by the Performance Library, you agree to:
- Return the music in the same condition, exclusive of normal wear and tear, on the due date.
- If the music is not returned immediately following the concert, you must bring it to the Performance Library (MRH 2.616) on the next business day or email the Performance Library to for alternate arrangements.
- Pay the full current replacement value for the part(s) to The University of Texas at Austin in the event of loss or theft.
Unless otherwise specified by your ensemble director and/or TA(s), all music must be returned immediately following your performance. The normal procedure is to leave the parts on your music stand at the conclusion of your performance, or return it backstage before you leave. Please consult your TA(s) for further instruction.
If the music is not returned immediately following the concert:
- A bar will be placed on the student’s account.
- After one month, the student will be responsible for the replacement of the part(s).
The Performance Library complies with all copyright laws and provides parts for each specific performance. Unauthorized copying of parts provided is prohibited.