Beginning June 1, 2021 the process for submitting a program request has changed. We strongly recommend you read through this page, even if you have given previous recitals at the Butler School of Music.
The Butler School of Music provides students with recital programs for their recitals through the student programs office. Students also have the option of supplying their own programs. If you choose to supply your own program, you should follow the steps outlined under Providing Your Own Program at the bottom of this page.
SUBMIT YOUR PROGRAM
Recital Programs are now submitted online. Choose your recital type from the links below to go to the correct submission form. Beginning June 1, 2021, all program requests must be submitted using the below forms.
Solo Recital (Junior, Senior, Master’s, Artist Diploma, DMA I & II, Recognition in Music Performance)
WHAT THE SCHOOL OFFERS
- A standard format & design for all student recitals: A 6×9 flat (not folded) program, printed on off-white 70lb paper, the same paper used for BSOM ensemble and faculty programs. They may be front-only or printed front and back depending on the length of the program. All printing is done in black and white.
- An electronic PDF of your finished program. Beginning Fall 2021, we expect to begin providing 40 physical copies of your printed recital program.
WHAT THE SCHOOL DOES NOT OFFER
- Bespoke design services. Our program design is standard for all student recitals and we can’t accommodate design alterations.
- Folded programs like those created for ensemble, faculty & guest recitals.
- Artist photos, bios, or program notes for student recitals. If you choose, you may make your own copies of program notes for distribution at your recital.
- Proofing or fact-checking for your recital. Your recital submissions should be checked and proofed before you submit it to the programs office.
- A lengthy revisions process to correct submitted errors. Ensure your program is free of errors before you submit it. Programs will not be revised or reprinted as a result of errors that were present in the original submission form, or to accommodate last-minute changes in repertoire.
The deadline for you to submit your program is 14 calendar days before your recital date.
The program may be submitted at any time after your recital is confirmed, but MUST be submitted before the 14-day deadline. If you attempt to submit a request after your deadline has passed, the online form will decline your request, and you will be required to submit your own program. See Providing Your Own Program Below.
This deadline is now coded into the submission process and no exceptions can be made.
How to Submit Your Recital Program
4 Weeks Before Your Recital
1. Make sure your recital is confirmed.
2. Choose the proper form from the list above or from the Program Submission page. The form will walk you through completing your submission. Submission should only take a few minutes.
- IMPORTANT: Be sure to carefully proof all of your program information before submitting the form. The Student Recitals team will format your information, but will not proof it for inaccuracies, spelling, or other copy errors. Programs will not be edited or re-printed because of errors that were present in the original submission.
8. Add StudentRecitalPrograms@mail.music.utexas.edu to your list of approved senders or your contacts list, so that you don’t miss any communications about your program.
14 Days Before Your Recital
This is the last possible date for you to submit your program.
1 Week Before Your Recital
About 1 week before your recital, you will receive an electronic copy of your program via email, along with confirmation of printing.
Getting Your Physical Programs to Your Recital
If your recital is taking place in Bates, Jessen or the Recital Studio:
Your event is managed, and your assigned event manager will bring your programs to your recital. You don’t need to do anything else.
If your recital is taking place in any other space or off-campus:
then your event is unmanaged, and you must pick up your programs in advance of your recital. They can be picked up from the Box office during regular Box Office hours.
If You Miss The Submission Deadline
- You will be required to create, print & supply your own programs.
- You must still submit this program to the programs office, so that it can be archived and kept for proper record keeping. Email your completed DIY program to the programs office at StudentRecitalPrograms@mail.music.utexas.edu. If you fail to provide a finished program, your recital recording will be withheld until a program is on file.
Providing Your Own Program
The school provides an optional DIY program template to aid in creating your program, which contains the School’s official university signature. You are not required to use this template.
If you are providing your own program:
1. You are responsible for printing the programs and getting them to your recital. The programs office will not print them on your behalf. It is recommended that you provide at least 40 copies of your program.
2. Use the Program Style Manual to ensure your program meets the school’s style requirements
3. You MUST submit a PDF of your final program to the Student Recital Programs Office for archiving and reporting purposes. If we do not receive a copy of your program, your recital recording will be withheld until your program is on file.
Questions or problems should be directed to the Student Programs office at StudentRecitalPrograms@mail.music.utexas.edu