When do I sign up for a recital date?
There are two rounds of degree recital scheduling for each semester. The general scheduling calendar:
|Portion of semester in which recital will take place||Scheduling Period|
|First half of fall semester (end of August to mid-October)||At the the end of the preceding spring semester|
|Second half of fall semester||First two weeks of fall semester|
|Spring semester||End of fall semester, around Fall Break|
When requesting a date, students will be required to provide at least 6 date options, including weeknights.
How do I sign up for a recital date?
You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to a form announcing each scheduling period. Follow all the instructions in the email in order to have a date assigned for the scheduling period in which you are interested in performing.
Important scheduling policies
- No degree recitals will be scheduled in the last week of the fall semester or the final two weeks of the spring semester. The only exception to this rule will be made for collaborative pianists.
- All recitals held in a Butler School venue must fit within a 60-minute time limit.
- All Junior and Recognition in Music Performance recitals must be performed prior to Spring Break.
- Doctoral students should only schedule one required recital per semester in the last two years of study.
- Each recitalist will be allotted two hours of dress rehearsal time prior to the degree recital. An email with sign-up instructions will be sent shortly after recital scheduling for a semester has taken place.