General Usage Notes
When using Jessen, all direction from the Production Manager and stage managers must be followed (this includes instructions about and during load-in, load-out, rehearsals, dress rehearsals, and performances).
When finished rehearsing in Jessen, always strike the stage and remove your equipment from the hall unless instructed otherwise by the Production Manager and always:
- Pay close attention to your in and out time in ArtsVision
- Leave pianos/harpsichord closed and covered upstage along the wall. Instrument covers should never be placed on the floor.
- Do not move harpsichord or the lectern off stage. Do not unplug the lectern from the connection port.
- Leave stands and chairs in backstage in an orderly fashion not blocking doorways
- Do not leave house doors propped open. Check that they are secure and turn off all lights when you leave.
Stage 22’x 40’
Two Steinway D 9ft concert grand pianos (may not be moved off stage)
Audio recording and single camera video
Two backstage areas (left/right)
Large green room below the stage
20 chairs (approx.)
20 stands (approx.)
Food & Drink Policy
Absolutely no food or drink is allowed in the hall at any time. Homer Rainey Hall also prohibits food at receptions following the concert. If you break this policy, you may have your access privileges to Jessen permanently revoked.
Jessen is an excellent hall for acoustic music, but sound support requires special preparation. Sound support requests should be sent to recording services (email@example.com) at least one month prior to the recital date to determine availability of that service.
Scheduling & Hall Access
In order to use the hall, you must have a reservation. It is crucial that the schedule in Jessen be strictly adhered to. Please double check your in-time and out-time in ArtsVision for every reservation you have in the hall. If you are confused about your reservation time, please contact the scheduling office. Early setups or staying late must be cleared with the scheduling office or the production manager.
If you have an ArtsVision reservation in Jessen you will be provided with a code for the backstage door so you can enter the hall for your dress rehearsals and performance. We do not check out keys for Jessen Auditorium.