Review of Applications Begins: February 15, 2017
Three-Year Lecturer (renewable), Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures, University of Pittsburgh
The Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures at the University of Pittsburgh invites applications for the position of Director of the Russian Language Program. This appointment will be made at the rank of Lecturer, with a three-year renewable term, pending budgetary approval. Duties include:
* Overseeing and assessing the integrity, coherence, and effectiveness of the department’s Russian language sequence.
* Mentoring (including orientation and training) and evaluation of instructors in the Russian language program.
* Assessment of student outcomes on a regular basis to comply with external and internal reporting requirements.
* Teaching assignments will include primarily Russian language, literature, and culture at the undergraduate level, with others as needed. Non-teaching duties include oversight of the Undergraduate Russian Club and other cultural and outreach activities, Russian placement and proficiency testing, and program assessment.
* Scholarly publication and active participation in national professional associations are encouraged but are not prerequisites for appointment or renewal.
A Ph.D. in Slavic or a related field (preferably with a specialization in Russian second-language acquisition) is required by the appointment start date, as are 1) native or ACTFL superior proficiency in Russian and English, 2) ACTFL OPI testing certification either in hand or a commitment to complete it within a year, and 3) teaching experience at the university level, preferably at an Anglophone institution. The ability to teach a second Slavic language is desirable, but is not a prerequisite for appointment.
Review of applications will begin on February 15, 2017, and will continue until the position is filled.
The appointment begins with the fall term of 2017, with an anticipated start date of August 28, 2017.
Candidates should send a letter of application, CV, teaching portfolio, and the names and contact information for three references to the Slavic Search Committee at <https://www.pittsource.com/postings/129715>.
Please do not send letters of recommendation at this time; we need only the names and contact information for the recommenders. Questions should be directed to Ms. Monika Losagio at firstname.lastname@example.org