Deadline for Applications: March 27, 2017
The Russian Program at Portland State University’s Department of World Languages and Literatures invites applications for a renewable one-year position as instructor teaching undergraduate Russian language at .72 FTE. The position is for the academic year beginning September 16, 2017, and is renewable. Informational interviews will be conducted by Skype and possibly additional onsite interviews.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach 26 credits of undergraduate Russian language and culture courses from the beginning to advanced levels, according to the needs of the program (8 credits/.6666 FTE in fall, 10 credits/.8333 FTE in winter, and 8 credits/.6666 FTE in spring).
- Maintain regular office hours.
- Participate on program, departmental, college and/or university committees as assigned by the Chair and/or Section Head, and regularly attend faculty meetings.
– Master’s degree or equivalent in Russian language, literature, linguistics or related field.
– Experience teaching Russian at the college level.
– Native or near-native fluency in Russian and in English.
– ACTFL OPI training.
– Experience with and affinity for team teaching.
– Experience working with heritage speakers of Russian.
All applicants must apply online at https://jobs.hrc.pdx.edu/postings/22635. Your application should include the following:
- letter of interest,
- sample syllabus from a language course,
- and three letters of recommendation.
Letters of recommendation must be uploaded directly from the references through our online application system. As soon as you submit your application, your references will be sent a link to upload the letters of recommendation.
Submit all required materials by March 27 to be assured of consideration. Review will begin on March 27 and continue until finalists are identified.