Deadline for Applications: June 23, 2017
Daugavpils University and the “Learn Russian in the European Union” project are accepting student applications for customized Semester Abroad programs hosted by Daugavpils University, Latvia:
– Russian Language, Literature and Culture (all in Russian);
– Russian Language and East European Studies (in English/Russian);
– Russian Language and Political Science (in English/Russian);
– Russian Language and Natural Sciences (mathematics, physics, biology, chemistry, and environmental studies), theory and laboratory practice (in English/Russian).
The application deadline for the Fall’2017 programs is June 23, 2017.
No visa is required to study in Latvia for citizens of the USA, Canada, the European Union, and many other countries.
Daugavpils University will award up to 30 ECTS credits (Russian – 15 ECTS, subject matter courses – up to 15 ECTS.
For full details please visit http://www.learnrussianineu.com/semester-abroad-programs.
All our Semester Abroad programs are designed specifically for international students and include:
– Intensive “Russian as a Foreign Language” core course (interactive communication skills, grammar, phonetics), provided at Intermediate, Advanced, and Superior target proficiency levels.
– Subject matter group and elective courses, delivered in English and/or Russian depending on the selected program.
– Accommodation with a Russian-speaking host family.
– Native Russian student communication partners.
– Full language and cultural immersion in the European Union’s most Russian city.
– Excursions, field trips, cultural and sports activities.
– Local health insurance, two-way airport transfer, orientation, local mobile phone, and more.
– Optional guided trip to Russia or Belarus. Visas can be obtained from the consulates located in Daugavpils.
– Full-time in-country support.
The “Learn Russian in the EU” project is a joint effort of two accredited partner institutions:
– the Department of Russian and Slavic Linguistics at Daugavpils University and
– Training Center LatInSoft.
Daugavpils University is the major academic and research institution in Eastern Latvia. DU provides Bachelor, Master and Doctoral programs.
Daugavpils, the second largest city in Latvia, is a unique place – a Russian-language enclave and probably the most Russian-speaking city in the European Union. Students will experience full language immersion and acquire an amazing cultural experience in a city, which was a part of the Russian Empire and the Soviet Union for centuries, and which has remarkable historical heritage linked to Russia and Russian-European relations.
For more information about the “Learn Russian in the EU” programs and services, please visit our site at www.learnrussianineu.com.
Our Facebook page www.facebook.com/LearnRussianInEU.