Deadline for Applications: December 01, 2017
Daugavpils University and the “Learn Russian in the European Union” project are accepting applications for customized academic semester abroad programs specifically designed for international students, hosted at Daugavpils University, Latvia:
– Russian Language, Literature and Culture;
– Russian Language and East European Studies;
– Russian Language and Political Science;
– Russian Language and Natural Sciences (mathematics, physics, biology, chemistry, and environmental studies), theory and laboratory practice (in English/Russian).
The application deadline for the Spring’2018 programs is December 1, 2017.
No visa is required to study in Latvia for citizens of the USA, Canada, the European Union, and many other countries.
Daugavpils University awards up to 30 ECTS credits – the equivalent of 15 US university credits.
For full details, please visit http://www.learnrussianineu.com/semester-abroad-programs.
All the semester programs include two components:
– Intensive Russian as a Foreign Language core course, taught according to different target proficiency levels.
– Subject matter group and elective courses, depending on the selected program: in Russian language, literature, and culture, or in East European studies, Baltic studies, history, physics, biology, math, environmental sciences, and other disciplines.
– Russian language instruction provided at Intermediate, Advanced, and Superior target proficiency levels.
– Full linguistic and cultural immersion in the most Russian city of the European Union.
– Accommodation with Russian-speaking host families available.
– Native Russian-speaking student communication partners.
– Excursions, field trips, cultural and athletic activities.
– Local health insurance, two-way airport transfer, a local mobile phone and a full orientation.
– Optional guided trip to Russia or Belarus. Visas can be obtained from consulates located in Daugavpils.