Deadline (extended): July 31, 2020
In response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, American Councils Study Abroad will be running modified programs in Fall 2020.
Online Programs: Full-Time or Part-Time*
- Advanced Russian Language & Area Studies Program (RLASP)
- Balkan Language Initiative (BLI): Albanian, Bosnian-Croatian-Serbian
- Eurasian Regional Language Program (ERLP): Dari, Farsi, Georgian, Pashto, Romanian, Tajiki, Ukrainian, Uzbek
*Full-Time programs feature approximately 240 total contact hours over the course of the semester and award 16 undergraduate/15 graduate credits. Part-Time programs feature approximately 112 total contact hours over the course of the semester and award 8 undergraduate/10 graduate credits.
Hybrid Programs (7 weeks online; 7 weeks in-country**)
- Balkan Language Initiative (BLI): Bosnian-Croatian-Serbian in Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina
- Eurasian Regional Language Program (ERLP): Georgian in Tbilisi, Georgia and Romanian in Chisinau, Moldova
Hybrid programs feature approximately 240 total contact hours over the course of the semester and award 16 undergraduate/15 graduate credits.
**If the situation on the ground does not allow for the safe operation of the overseas component, then the second half of the program will be completed online.
The application deadline for these programs has been extended to Friday, July 31.
Online AC Study Abroad programs feature:
- Both synchronous and asynchronous instruction
- Remote meetings with conversation partners to provide opportunities for informal target language practice and connections with locals
- Virtual cultural activities and excursions to places of historical and cultural importance
- Academic credit from Bryn Mawr College upon successful completion of the program
- Reduced program fee from overseas programs; scholarships available
For program-specific information such as dates, costs, potential virtual activities, and more, please visit www.acstudyabroad.org/fall2020.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-733-8522.