Deadline: May 31, 2021
We are currently seeking nominees and expressions of interest to fulfil the role of Co-Chairs for the Society for Cinema and Media Studies (SCMS) Central / East / South European Cinema and Media Studies Special Interest Group (SIG) for the upcoming three-year term (2022-2025).
Chair responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Represent concerns of the group at business meeting with the Board of Directors.
• Collect and maintain resources for the members on the SIG group’s Facebook page and SCMS website and keep the members informed of the ongoing research, publications, and events related to group’s field of study.
• Sponsor panels, screenings, events, and organise special sessions at annual SCMS conferences.
• Coordinate and run the annual Award for the Outstanding Published Essay in the Field of Central/East/South European Cinema and Media Studies.
• Coordinate mentorship and networking opportunities.
• Identify ongoing research and overlapping concerns with other SIGs and caucuses.
• Bring together established and emerging scholars to establish a sense of community and mentorship within The Central/East/South European Cinemas SIG.
• Host SIG-relevant programming outside of the SCMS conference (i.e., online roundtable events, etc.)
The potential nominees should either be members of SCMS or be willing to become members. In the past, the co-chairship team has been strengthened as a result of collaboration between scholars who are located internationally (e.g., one North American scholar, one Europe-based scholar).
The elections will be held via the SIG Group’s SCMS page in June/July and announced August 2021.
Any enquiries, expressions of interest, and nominations should be directed via email to current co-chairs, Nevena Daković (University of Arts, Belgrade, firstname.lastname@example.org) & Ervin Malakaj (University of British Columbia, email@example.com).
Nomination deadline is May 31, 2021.