Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Almaty Assistant Resident Director serves as the American Councils representative for participants on the Russian Overseas Flagship program (ROF), hosted by Al-Farabi Kazakh National University. The Assistant Resident Director works directly with the Resident Director to arrange group travel and cultural programs. S/he is available to program participants on a daily basis and is available during any emergencies that arise. The ARD communicates regularly with the ROF program staff in Washington, DC and reports to the ROF Program Manager.
Employment Date: August 2023 to May 2024.
- Be available and accessible to program participants on a daily basis, including through office hours, regular presence at the host institution, and weekly group meetings;
- Monitor participants’ health and safety, and promptly communicate issues to the ROF program manager and host institution staff;
- Respond to participant emergencies, including assisting participants with securing medical care and navigating local clinics and hospitals;
- Work closely and cooperatively with the Resident Director to resolve any program-related issues
- Coordinate Kazakhstan-based program logistics, including cultural excursions and related travel, and communicate logistical details to the ROF program manager;
- Participate in weekly conference calls with the program manager;
- Attend the pre-departure orientation prior to the program’s beginning in Washington, D.C.;
- Accompany participants to Almaty at the beginning of the program;
- Assist Resident Director with conducting in-country arrival orientations at the beginning of the program period;
- Review all American Councils student policies and enforce program rules and requirements in consultation with Washington, DC office;
- Assist KazNU with host family placements as requested;
- Manage a small program budget, maintain detailed financial documentation, and submit receipts to AC Washington, D.C. office; and
- Perform other program-related tasks as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher;
- Advanced Russian language skills;
- Study, work, or extensive travel experience in Kazakhstan;
- Experience overseeing and guiding groups; and
- Demonstrated skills in general financial accountability.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
American Councils is committed to taking affirmative steps to enhance employment opportunities for minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities, and strives to ensure that meaningful employment and promotional opportunities are maintained for everyone. American Councils’ commitment to equal employment opportunity is based not only on federal requirements, but also on a longstanding commitment to maintaining a diverse workforce reflective of the communities in which we operate.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.