Deadline for Applications: March 14, 2018, 9pm EDT
ACLS invites applications for the eighth competition of the Mellon/ACLS Public Fellows program. This year, the program will place up to 25 recent PhDs from the humanities and humanistic social sciences in two-year term staff positions at partnering organizations in government and the nonprofit sector. Fellows will participate in the substantive work of these organizations and receive professional mentoring. Fellows receive a stipend of $67,500 per year, individual health insurance, a relocation allowance, and up to $3,000 to be used toward professional development activities over the course of the fellowship term.
- possess US citizenship or permanent resident status;
- have a PhD in the humanities or humanistic social sciences (see note on eligible fields below) conferred between September 1, 2014 and June 22, 2018; and
- defend and file/deposit their completed dissertations no later than April 6, 2018, and be prepared to verify this with official university documentation during the review and selection process.
Prospective applicants should read through all the fellowship positions listed below and choose the one position that best fits their career goals. (Applicants may apply to only one position.)
The deadline for submitted applications is Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 9pm EDT.
Applications must include:
- completed application form;
- 1 to 2-page cover letter tailored to a specific position and addressed to the host organization;
- 1 to 2-page résumé; and
- 2 reference letters.
For more information about the fellowship program, eligibility, applying, or the organizations involved, visit :http://www.acls.org/programs/publicfellowscomp/#note
Questions about the program can be directed to email@example.com