Deadline for Applications on Domestic Programs: February 20, 2018
Project Global Officer (Project GO) is a Department of Defense initiative aimed at improving the language skills, regional expertise, and intercultural communication skills of future military officers. Sponsored by the Defense Language and National Security Education Office and administered by the Institute of International Education, Project GO provides institutional grants to U.S institutions of higher education with large ROTC student enrollments, to include the Senior Military Colleges. In turn, these institutions provide language and culture training to ROTC students from across the nation, funding domestic and overseas ROTC language programs and scholarships. Working in support of Army, Air Force, and Navy ROTC Headquarters, Project GO facilitates collaborative efforts both among universities and ROTC leadership.
- A U.S. citizen.
- An undergraduate or graduate student on track to commission through the Army, Naval, or Air Force Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (ROTC), contracted or non-contracted, at a regionally accredited college or university in the United States.
- Remain in ROTC for the duration of the program.
- Not be commissioned officers.
- Be in an inactive, non-drilling status.
- Not be employed by the U.S. federal government or any foreign government.
Scholarship recipients will be selected on the basis of merit. Review panels will consider the following criteria: