Deadline for Applications: January 10, 2019
The Davis Center Fellows Program offers comprehensive research, training, and professional development opportunities for scholars advancing their careers within the social sciences and humanities. Fellows pursue their research with support from an interdisciplinary community of experts, and with access to world-class resources. The program provides scholars with experiences and connections that endure well beyond their fellowship year.
We welcome research proposals on all topics related to the study of Eurasia. This year’s program will not be structured around an overarching theme. We are, however, particularly interested in applications from scholars with an interest in the following:
1. Teaching a course in Russian imperial history, especially from scholars with experience in digital humanities.
2. Topics exploring the political, economic and social connectivity of Central Asia and/or the Caucasus.
Fellowship Eligibility and Benefits
- For junior scholars who will have completed the Ph.D. or equivalent by September 2019, but no earlier than September 2014
- Stipend of up to $40,500 for 9 months or $54,000 for 12 months; a teaching postdoc will be compensated at $46,000 for 9 months
- $5,000 in additional research funding
- Eligible for employee benefits, including subsidized health insurance
- Shared office space and borrowing privileges at Harvard libraries provided
- Citizens of all countries may apply
Any scholar whose research touches on the work of the Davis Center community is welcome to apply to the Fellows Program.
For complete application procedures and to submit an application, please visit: http://daviscenter.fas.harvard.edu/research/individual-research/fellows-program/how-apply.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.
Scholars who do not meet the eligibility requirements for a Postdoctoral Fellowship should consider applying for affiliation via the Davis Center’s Visiting Scholars Program.
This posting can also be found on the H-Net Job Guide.