“Teams” is a plugin that allow you to create rows and columns in a responsive grid layout. The typical use of the plugin is for creating a directory of people but it can be used creatively to solve many other layout needs.
Teams are created separately then embedded into pages or posts.
If the Teams plugin is enabled on your website you will see “Teams” in the administrator menu.
Add a New Team
- Give the team an administrative title to help you organize it in the backend.
- Add Members to the Team and fill in the fields, as appropriate, for each cell of your grid.
- The only required field is “First Name” or the grid will use the title “Untitled”
- You will have the option to include an image, links and more. As always, make sure your images have alternate text in the Media Library. Important: Due to a recent change made by the plugin creators, you should not make your teams images into links. Linking team images will cause a an accessibility issue.
- Configure the Settings
- You can have up to 5 columns by setting the Members per line. However, be aware it is responsive so on smaller screen sizes there will be fewer columns and the items will wrap lower on the page.
- Select if you want the photo link to open in a new browser window tab or not. It is only advised to link to a new tab window if you are linking to an external website.
- You will probably want to use fonts from your own theme.
- Selecting a Main Color will add an accent stripe to the design. You can select white if you don’t want the stripe.
- Finally, hit Publish and you will be able to copy the “Short Code”
Place the Grid on a Page
Simply create a new page or post and copy the Short Code into it above or below any other content you want on the page.
Details about the plugin and more information can be found on the official Plugin page.