***Please note that this internship will not be eligible as a fall Connecting Experience because the deadline has passed, but is a paid job opportunity if you are looking for an internship experience this semester**
Video Intern Position
Texas Appleseed is offering a paid internship for a video intern at $11/hour. The intern will report directly to the Communications Director, but the intern will be able to work across project areas and with other directors at our nonprofit. The intern will help produce timely videos for our blog, The Core (see “The Core” videos on our YouTube channel) — from the filming stage to the editing stage and final video, help brainstorm concepts for other videos related to our work, select the best sound bites and broll from videos, and may help film interviews with key populations in Texas. When available, the intern may also assist with social media posts and other basic Public Relations/Communications functions.
- You must be available to work at least 8-15 hours per week in the office during the fall semester.
- Candidate must be adept at shooting video on an iPhone, iPad or DSLR camera, as well as skilled at editing video in Final Cut Pro (preferred), Adobe Premiere (preferred) or iMovie.
- Candidate should have an interest in telling stories through video, as well as social and economic justice.
- We invite the candidate to provide creative ideas, technical recommendations, and other input that will help enhance our videos and make them more appealing and accessible to audiences.
How To Apply
- Please email these three items to Kelli Johnson: 1) cover letter 2) resumé and 3) a video sample link
- Kelli Johnson, Communications Director at Texas Appleseed
- Email: email@example.com
- Please include this in the subject line of your email: 2017 Fall Video Internship
About Texas Appleseed
- We are a public interest justice center, and our nonprofit works to change unjust laws and policies that prevent Texans from realizing their full potential.
- Our website is www.TexasAppleseed.org
- We’re centrally located (in between MLK and 15th Streets, off of Lamar), and we have free parking. Our address is 1609 Shoal Creek, Suite 201; Austin, TX 78701
- Our office hours are 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.