See below for TWO job opportunities that It’s Time Texas is hiring for!
***(Note that employment opportunities are not always equated to internship opportunities for the purposes of a Connecting Experience– talk with your advisor before planning to use a job as a Connecting Experience)
At the IT’S TIME TEXAS’ Teach Healthier After School Program, our goal is to foster healthy choices and
athletic growth for all students. We are leading the charge to defeat childhood obesity and believe every
child should receive the education and the opportunity to live a happy, healthy life.
As an Instructor, You Will:
» Be provided with detailed lesson plans
» Develop students’ leadership skills via assigned roles within their teams
» Develop creative, adventurous, confident young movers and learners
» Lead quality health and fitness programming in a fun, safe, and active
We are seeking candidates who are energetic, motivated, enjoy working with elementary
age children, and have a foundational understanding of sports, nutrition, and physical activity.
Location: Austin & Del Valle
Compensation: $12/hour Austin Schools, $13/hour Del Valle Schools
Spring Semester: January – May, 2017
Work Hours: Monday-Friday, 2:30- 6:00pm
Weekly Hours: Between 5-14 hours a week
Apply today at: itstimetexas.catstone.com/careers
IT’S TIME TEXAS (ITT)
Job Opportunity: After School Youth Activity Leader
Department: Teach Healthier After School (THAS)
Job Type: Part-Time, Non-Exempt, Temporary/Permanent
Who we are:
We’re a statewide nonprofit organization focused on reducing chronic illness and obesity. We do this by creating technology and programming focused on building healthier lives, healthier communities, and a healthier state. There’s so much more to know, so please check us out on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/itstimetexas
Who we want:
The After School Youth Activity Leader (THAS Leader) is a self-starter with an adaptive work style who is passionate about helping children learn more about living a happy and healthy life through play. Our organization needs a people-person, one who enjoys working with children, and has a talent for providing health education to energetic groups. We need a tenacious individual who can work effectively with various personalities to defeat childhood obesity.
Under the supervision of the THAS Manager, and with direction from the THAS Coordinator and Supervisors, the THAS Leader will be responsible for teaching the Teach Healthier curricula to students in a fun and engaging manner, monitoring children during dinner or snack time, assisting children with homework, and other instructor duties as assigned by the THAS Leadership Team or Site Coordinator.
Who you are:
▪ Mission focused and results driven. You’re committed to supporting the mission of ITT and don’t shy away from challenges as you work toward positive results.
▪ A strong critical thinker. You thrive on solving difficult situations, as you are able to respond quickly to challenges that arise.
▪ Detail oriented and organized. You’re organized, able to be prepared thoroughly for classes, and meet deadlines.
▪ An excellent communicator. You have an ability to listen actively and effectively communicate concerns and questions in a constructive manner and a reasonable timeframe.
▪ A motivated Individual. You’re energetic and motivated, who will enjoy working with elementary children in a fast-paced environment.
▪ A health and fitness enthusiast. You have a passion about health and fitness and bring a basic knowledge in sports, nutrition, exercise, and/or health.
What you’ll bring:
▪ High School Diploma or equivalent
▪ Commitment for an entire semester (August-December or January-May)
▪ Ability to adapt quickly to unforeseen changes
▪ High level of organization, attention to detail, and ability to complete tasks
▪ General computer literacy required to answer e-mails and submit timesheets
▪ Prolonged standing, walking, twisting, bending, and repetitive motions
▪ Ability to exert up to 25 pounds of force occasionally with assistance and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to lift or move
▪ Ability and willingness to work independently and follow instructions with minimal supervision
▪ Experience working with children is strongly preferred
ITT offers a fun, flexible work environment, optional bi-monthly socials, paid professional development classes, and we commit to each employee’s job satisfaction by addressing core needs.
To Apply: Submit cover letter and resume through our website at https://itstimetexas.org/join-our-team/
Notice: The job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Management has the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time. IT’S TIME TEXAS is an at-will employer.
This position is located in Austin, Texas and reports to the THAS Manager.