Derived from the Spanish word for advancement or progress, AVANCE is a nonprofit organization dedicated to unlocking America’s potential by strengthening low-income, Spanish-speaking families through dual-generation, innovative early childhood and parenting education and support services.
AVANCE-Austin is seeking a Development Intern for the fall semester to assist the development team in the organization of fundraising materials. The specific areas of work include donor relations, special events, and volunteer management. The Development Intern should expect to build an interdisciplinary perspective of a nonprofit environment, while collaborating with a fun, nurturing staff.
- Maintain donor records in the fundraising database
- Oversee acknowledgement letters and mailings
- Participate in donor research and recruiting process
- Assists in preparation and organization of materials for the annual luncheon
- Organize vendors and in-kind donors for the annual Holiday Party
- Research and coordinate third-party event and profit-sharing relationships
- Collaborate with Americorp VISTA and Development Associate to produce engaging social media posts
- Supervise in-office volunteer/community service groups and activities
- Recruit and secure relationships with community service organizations from local universities
College Sophomore, Junior, and Senior applicants from Liberal Arts, Business, Communication, or similar disciplines are welcome to apply. Must be able to commit 10+ hours/week in an office setting with reliable transportation. Attendance at the annual luncheon on Thursday, November 1st, 2017 is expected. Proficiency in Spanish and previous office-environment experience is preferred but not required.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to Melinda Gonzales Boe, Development and Communications Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.