About One Good Turn: One Good Turn (OGT) is a global health education nonprofit based in Austin, TX. Our mission is to provide practical medical education and culturally sensitive medical care to neglected communities worldwide. One Good Turn focuses on teaching: we create simple medical education and training protocols developed for community health providers who may have little to no formal training. Through education, we build sustainable pathways to better health for communities worldwide. Learn More: www.onegoodturn.org
One Good Turn is currently seeking an intern to support our Programs Director and Executive Director with researching funding partners and writing grant applications. This internship offers the opportunity to gain valuable professional experience while supporting a local non-profit that is truly changing lives.
What you will learn:
- How to utilize foundation databases (Foundation Direct Online and others)
- How to write compelling content
- An overview of the global health industry landscape
- How to manage deadlines and work collaboratively
What you will do:
- Write and compile materials required for grant applications.
- Research funders working in areas of global health to determine process, deadlines and collateral needed for applications.
- Create a grant deadline calendar for new applications and compliance reporting
- Compile compliance reporting for submission on a timely basis
The ideal candidate:
- Is currently enrolled in research and/or writing-intensive educational programs
- Is passionate about global health, education, and sustainable development
- Is available for a minimum of 5 and up to 10 hours weekly
- Is available for the full summer
- Is self motivated, driven, and creative
- Is flexible and willing to collaborate remotely
- Demonstrates an ability to write compelling content
- Has their own laptop/computer that they can use for grant research, writing, etc.
This internship is unpaid but will provide valuable professional experience and an incredible learning opportunity for anyone interested in working in the global health or nonprofit industries. This internship is for the Summer 2020 semester but could continue into the fall/ spring should the working relationship prove valuable to all parties. A commitment minimum of 5 hours per week is required but could increase to 10 hours or more per week, time permitting. Interested candidates should send the following materials to Annie Albrecht, Programs Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample
Thank you for your interest in One Good Turn!