Well Aware currently offers an unpaid position of Social Media Intern. You will be devoted to all of our media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.); this includes assisting in content creation, post scheduling, message responses, and staying up to date on best practices. Social Media Intern must be available a minimum of 10 hours per week.
Overview of Well Aware’s Internship program:
Well Aware’s internship program is designed to provide undergraduate and graduate students with a high-level educational experience in the day-to-day programs and operations of a small, lean nonprofit. Interns are encouraged to ask questions regarding implementation of clean water systems in Africa, community development, training and education in Well Aware’s project regions, development and fundraising work, and organization and administration of nonprofit management.
Interns will be assigned a supervisor that will oversee and guide their experience.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Conducting prospect research on individual, foundation, and corporate donors
- Maintaining donor and grant databases and files, including calendaring deadlines, logging donations, generating and sending donor acknowledgements, logging donor appreciation efforts
- Supporting staff with logistics associated with special events, including assisting with the creation of invitation list, all logistics, soliciting sponsors, communicating with venue and vendors
- Attending/Volunteering at special events
- Tracking and evaluating all development efforts
- Working with Board of Directors Development Committee to implement development strategies
Ideal Candidates Must:
- Be responsible, flexible, hard‐working, ethical, and committed to the mission of Well Aware
- Possess a high level of organizational skills and be detail oriented
- Possess solid oral and written communication skills
- Be skilled at a variety of computer skills, e.g., Google Drive, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat
- Be able to operate standard office equipment
- Able to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Possess an interest in a nonprofit career ‐ particularly development and fundraising
How to apply?
Send your resume, availability and motivation statement to our office manager,
Amy Prewitt – firstname.lastname@example.org