PulsePoint Group is a management and digital consulting firm that provides insight, strategy development and strategic execution for communications and marketing management challenges, with a special focus on social and digital engagement.
The firm specializes in C-suite and boardroom-level consulting. By combining creativity and deep experience with rigorous research, PulsePoint Group transforms data derived from cutting-edge metrics into actionable recommendations.
This approach has made the firm trusted advisors to many of the FORTUNE 100 companies and has provided PulsePoint Group with a truly global practice.
Our practice is organized into four areas, each of which reinforces the other:
Fall 2015 Internship Program
At PulsePoint Group, our interns work in a fast-paced environment serving as members of our client teams. Interns are immersed in the day-to-day operations of our management consulting firm and have the opportunity to work on strategic projects for leading Fortune 100 companies. We view our interns as members of the team and expect them to perform as such. We recognize that you will have a lot to learn, and we will focus on giving you experiences that will help you excel.
FALL 2015 POSITIONS (AUSTIN AND LOS ANGELES):
Digital Consulting Internship — Austin
Typical intern responsibilities include digital research, quantitative/qualitative data analysis, social media audits, online conversation analysis, influencer identification, media monitoring and social analytics/reporting. Interns will see projects through from research to final recommendations.
Digital Consulting Work Product Test
Describe a brand that is using big data from social media to drive business value. In your opinion, how and why is this effective? Cite your sources, and limit your response to one page.
Creative/Design Internship — Austin
Interns should have demonstrable and superior graphic design skills that can be applied to client projects. Design interns will be involved in research and design development for branding projects, infographics/data visualization, presentation development and website design for our Fortune 100 clients. Interns work closely with the entire PPG team to brainstorm and execute design projects.
- Application deadline: July 31, 2015
- Start date: August 19, 2015 (flexible)
- End date: December 14, 2015 (flexible)
- Location: The Terrace, 2600 Via Fortuna Suite 200, Austin, TX 78746
- Hours: 15-20 hours per week (availability to come in every day preferred)
- Compensation: $12/hr
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Class credit (with prior faculty approval)
- Work for portfolio
- Mentoring program
- Network development
- Hands-on experience and training with real-world social engagement/analytics tools
- Strong independent research and analytical skills
- Thorough knowledge of digital media platforms and best practices
- Experience in digital media strategy and/or tactical execution
- An understanding of statistics
- Project management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Ability to establish realistic production schedules and meet deadlines
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Online or PDF portfolio (only for Creative internship applicants)
Business or communications majors are preferred, but all are welcome to apply.
- Excellent understanding of Adobe Creative Suite (Specifically Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Experience with data visualization and Infographics
- Understanding of print production process
- Experience and Understanding of web design principles (No coding experience required)
- Ability to effectively visually communicate
- Design and logo experience
CREATIVE WORK PRODUCT TEST
Selected applicants will be asked to create an original infographic from some data we provide. The goal of the work product test is to measure your creativity and out-of-the-box thinking within a required set of parameters.
TO APPLY (DIGITAL CONSULTING INTERNSHIP):
Please send a resume, cover letter and work product test to Ed Morley at email@example.com. It is in your best interest to apply as early as possible. We will be conducting interviews as applications come in, so positions may be filled before the deadline.
TO APPLY (CREATIVE INTERNSHIP):
Please send a resume, cover letter and portfolio (PDF or link) to Caleb Eubanks and Ed Morley firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. It is in your best interest to apply as early as possible. We will be conducting interviews as applications come in, so positions may be filled before the deadline.