A Glimmer of Hope empowers rural Ethiopian communities to end the cycle of poverty. Our clean water, education, health care and microfinance projects create a powerful force for change.
Glimmer is looking for a Communications Intern who will assist in a variety of communications and marketing projects and help organize our media content. You will be asked to contribute to ongoing team projects that focus on efficient and engaging communication with Glimmer’s supporters. Learn more about us at glimmer.org.
Please submit a cover letter, your resume and answers to the questions below to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not apply if you do not include the answers to the intern questions. No phone calls please.
- Describe yourself.
- How did you become familiar with Glimmer?
- How did humanitarian work become a priority for you?
- Explain why you are applying for this position, and what makes you a good fit.
- If you are accepted, what will your personal goals be during your time here?
- What are two or three of your favorite websites?
- What is the last book that you read and enjoyed? The last book you read and didn’t enjoy?
- What are your three favorite movies?
- Is there anything else you’d like us to know about you?
- Contribute to projects that enhance Glimmer’s communications to our donors through writing, storytelling, synthesis of programs information and more
- Help organize our media content libraries
- Contribute to and help build Glimmer’s online presence
- Assist with research related to Glimmer’s marketing, communications and fundraising
- Write and edit copy; assist with visual storytelling
- Assist with other media projects as needed
- Execute tasks on quick deadlines
- You’re a world changer. Interested in serving humanity? An internship at Glimmer means you’ll be a part of something big. Something that helps create change in your world.
- You get things done. You’re a pro at meeting deadlines and multi-tasking, and you’re a firm believer that every detail matters. If you don’t know, you ask questions and get what you need to perform your best. You communicate early on if there is a problem.
- You’re independent and innovative, yet roll with the punches. We expect creative thinking and solutions from everyone here. You are a self-starter who thinks outside the box and provides real-time solutions without hand holding. Our close-knit departments constantly overlap, so you can jump right into group projects, and deal with a diverse group.
- You get accused of being a feng shui master. Your well-developed sense of space and function means you have a natural knack for design and organization. You just make things look good.
- You’re knowledgeable and experienced. You have the education and work experience to back up your skills as a communicator, writer and general marketing whiz.
- You’re tech savvy and an AP stylebook wizard. You’re computer literate with Mac experience and know your way around the web. You love grammar and know where to put an Oxford comma. Familiarity with Photoshop, InDesign or Google AdWords is a plus, but not required.
We are looking for a part-time intern for the Fall semester of 2017. Hours are flexible. Please apply only if you are located in Austin, Texas.
The Glimmer Internship Program is an opportunity for qualified students to gain real world experience at an international non-profit with a mission to help change the world. This is an unpaid internship but it may count for internship credit at your college or university.