About West Chelsea Contemporary
West Chelsea Contemporary (WCC) is the premier contemporary art gallery in Austin, TX, offering world-class art in a dynamic, interactive setting. We create museum-scale exhibitions and WOW experiences that make incredible art accessible to both seasoned and aspiring collectors. We are passionate about the life enhancing value of art for our collectors, our artists, our team, and our community.
WCC is seeking highly motivated, proactive interns with a passion to learn about the world of modern and contemporary art. Interns should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment and will finish the internship having made impactful contributions to gallery projects.
The benefits to the intern are exciting and important. They include working with a great team of art professionals who care deeply about producing quality work, learning the ins and outs of art gallery and exhibition management, and helping produce an incredible art experience for the Austin contemporary art collector community.
Duties and Responsibilities (All Interns)
- Provide project support to gallery executives, including but not limited to research, documentation, and presentation
- Support for exhibits, opening receptions, educational programs, special events, and private rentals
- Rotates through our divisions of responsibility and provides ideas to grow and improve the business.
- Accepts designated, business-focus projects to research, propose ideas and solutions, and present a final project during the internship.
- Fall/Spring Internships: 10-15 hours per week
- Summer Internships: ~ 30 hours per week
- Internships are in-person and unpaid (but may be taken for academic credit)
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and see tasks through to completion
- A strong interest in fine art.
Internship candidates must apply through the following application form: https://forms.gle/WDatmbEHYsAiJtSBA
Please contact Carmel Evangelista (Marketing Director) at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the WCC Internship program.