POSITION: Spring 2021 Nonprofit Relations & Development Intern
SUPERVISOR: Senior Manager of Nonprofit & Customer Relations; Senior Director of Development
COMPENSATION: UNPAID – Applicable for Course Credit
SCHEDULE: 10-12 hours per week, flexible
LOCATION: Remote, with weekly meeting via video conferencing
DATES: January 25, 2021 – May 14, 2021
APPLICATION DUE DATE: January 6, 2021
Every year, I Live Here I Give Here serves 750 nonprofit organizations, more than 100 corporate/foundation sponsors, and 30,000 donors across seven counties in Central Texas. We are seeking an intern who’d like to grow their skills in advancing I Live Here I Give Here’s nonprofit member relationships, as well as donor relations. The intern will support key operations leading up to and following Amplify Austin Day (March 4-5). Amplify Austin Day is I Live Here I Give Here’s signature program and the biggest day of giving in Central Texas that unites the entire community to support more than 750 local nonprofits. From health care, to social justice, to basic needs, to the environment, to pets, to the arts, and more, since 2013, the day has raised more than $69 million collectively to support our community’s most pressing needs.
In January – March, the intern will report to the Senior Manager of Nonprofit & Customer Relations and gain experience supporting nonprofits leading up to Amplify Austin Day. In March – May, the intern will report to the Senior Director of Development and gain experience producing impact reports and stewarding donors after the campaign.
This is a great learning opportunity for anyone interested in gaining insight and work experience in multiple functions of nonprofit management. You will develop skills in communications, member relations, program development, storytelling and donor stewardship.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Learning opportunities to include but not limited to:
- Work with a membership base of 750 Central Texas nonprofits across a variety of causes
- Help draft and segment communications to nonprofit members to ensure all members are aware of the opportunities available to their organizations on Amplify Austin Day
- Assist with AmplifyATX.org nonprofit profile customer support projects
- Assist with AmplifyATX.org business fundraiser profile customer support projects
- Help create, design and send thank you notes and emails to individual donors
- Opportunity to learn how to produce impact reports for corporate and foundation sponsors, including gathering key metrics and writing stories
- Assist with planning the ILHIGH Awards to celebrate Amplify Austin Day
- Learn about the social impact sector and work alongside the team to build relationships with Austin’s nonprofit and donor community.
You are a great candidate if you:
- Are passionate about I Live Here I Give Here’s mission and our work
- Have strong organizational skills, and can balance task-based work with long-term strategic projects
- Are naturally curious and investigative, and go the extra mile to ensure accuracy
- Excellent writing skills with a knack for storytelling and donor-centric communications
- Customer-service oriented and a good problem solver
- Are currently pursuing an associate’s or bachelor’s degree
Bonus points for:
- Nonprofit experience (either working or volunteering)
- Have experience with Canva, InDesign or other graphic design software
- Being customer service oriented
- Great sense of humor
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About I Live Here I Give Here
I Live Here I Give Here’s mission is to make Central Texas the most generous community in the nation. Programs like Amplify Austin Day, See Us Give, Giving Tuesday, and the Board Internship Program are designed to help locals find the issues they care about and take action to be part of the solution. By inspiring new and young givers, volunteers, and activists to make an impact on the community where they live, I Live Here I Give Here is ensuring that philanthropy in Central Texas grows and lives on for decades to come. For more information, visit ILiveHereIGiveHere.org and AmplifyATX.org.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
I Live Here I Give Here provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants according to their experience, talent, and qualifications for the job without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy, gender stereotyping, and marital status), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law in every location in which the company has facilities. I Live Here I Give Here believes that diversity and an inclusive company culture are key drivers of creativity, innovation and performance. Furthermore, a diverse workforce and the maintenance of an atmosphere that welcomes versatile perspectives will enhance our ability to fulfill our vision of creating the most generous community of givers, volunteers, activists, and businesses.