The summer application for the Dell Med Health Leadership Apprentice Program is open!
We offer opportunities to learn and discover at the intersection of health and communication, business, art, law, design, humanities, engineering, and more. It’s a great chance to get engaged in the well-being of the community, sample academic medicine, learn from Dell Med faculty, participate in research and the development of hands-on community initiatives, and develop your own passion project with the help of Dell Med faculty. This is a chance to truly make a difference – past student projects from the HLA Program include bringing Stop the Bleed training to campus, bringing a meditation and wellness center to Dell Med to improve medical student wellness, a project that will train barbers and hairstylists in the community how to spot skin cancer on the scalp, and the development of a centralized volunteer pipeline from UT to nonprofit and free clinics around central Texas. It’s an exciting program, and I want to share it with as many of my fellow Longhorns as possible! Learn more here.
- Both undergraduate and graduate students are welcome to apply, as are recent graduates taking a “gap year”
- Earning course credit via UGS or the student’s specific department as appropriate is available and encouraged
- To apply, complete the application found here and submit a CV to the widget on that page
- The application and CV are due by 11:59 PM on April 13th
- The summer program runs from May 29th to August 6th
- There’s a required poster session on August 7th, 12:00 – 2:00 that will be judged by Dell Med faculty
- This opportunity is not paid