ECOM Agroindustrial Corp. Ltd is a leading global commodity merchant and sustainable supply chain management company. As an origin-integrated business operating in over 40 major producing countries worldwide, ECOM focuses primarily on coffee, cotton, and cocoa, as well as participating in selected agricultural product markets. ECOM is one of the top two merchants in coffee, the largest coffee miller, and amongst the top merchants in cocoa, making ECOM a top tier participant in each of its core businesses. Its strategy allows ECOM to act as a sole intermediary and an integrated supplier for its end consumers.
The Sustainability intern will have the opportunity to learn about the cocoa and coffee supply chain in both Ecuador and Peru as well as be familiarized with our Sustainability Strategy with Latin America getting first-hand experience to our Sustainable Management Services (SMS) team, and the farmers we work with.
The objective of this internship is for the intern to be exposed to our supply chain and help us in the execution of our sustainability goals, as well as improve our communication and feedback loops with different stakeholders including our farmers, field partners and others.
1. Support Sustainability Plan finalization with baseline assessment
2. Support Concept Note development for programs on sustainability interventions
3. Get involved in the planning and socialization of the sustainability plan for the teams
4. Consolidated material categorized and labeled in the assigned Google Drive Folder
5. Other deliverables might be added and clearly identified at the beginning of the internship.
6. Evaluation of internship including key learnings for the intern and providing feedback to ECOM
The company will provide round trip flight tickets if travel is required. The company will also provide full accommodation for the stay of the intern. The intern will also receive a local SIM card for communication with a set data package. The intern will receive a certificate of completion, and a tailored recommendation letter will be provided for excelling interns. We require the intern to have health insurance valid during travel. We recommend an “Assist Card” for travel.