Austin Children’s Museum creates innovative learning experiences for children and families that equip and inspire the next generation of creative problem solvers. They are currently recruiting Fall 2013 Museum Education Interns.
The intern will assist with a variety of Education Department tasks during a timeframe that coincides with the Museum’s transition from its current site downtown to a new building in the Mueller development. The intern’s primary functions will include assisting with the implementation of public programs allowing for ACM to continue offering/implementing learning experiences, programs and activities, including on-site and off-site experiences and outreach programs. The internship will continue during the time when both buildings will be closed to the public. Secondary tasks include preparing programs for the new facility at Mueller, scheduling and implementing pilot programs with test audiences in the new space and assisting with grand opening events.
- Assist implementing educational programs for a variety of audiences. Programs include early learners, community outreach and new public programs during pilot phases.
- Maintain and organize educational materials
- Support museum and youth volunteers assisting with programs
- Assist with the evaluation of programs and exhibits. This includes collecting data through observation, research and survey.
- Attend and assist with applicable museum special events
- Assist with promotion of applicable programs
- Commitment to and enthusiasm for the mission of Austin Children’s Museum
- Experience working directly with young children and the adults in their lives
- Confidence and competence working with all children and families of all race, gender and ability
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Confidence in working independently as well as with a team
- Competency in multitasking and time management
- Positive attitude and lots of energy
- Must be available occasional evenings and weekends
- Reliable transportation with ability to carry supply bins and materials (up to 20 pounds)