COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT INTERN
The Central Texas Food Bank Community Engagement Intern will provide key support to the Community Engagement team and gain valuable community event and volunteer management skills.
Primary Internship Responsibilities:
- Assist the Community Engagement team by meeting and working with community event groups and volunteers.
- Assist with recruitment of volunteers, donors and community groups for engagement with the Food Bank at informational fairs and community events.
- Represent the Food Bank at external community events and provide tours to groups as needed.
- Maintain volunteer lobby and sign-in area including nametags, time sheets, check-in, and check-out.
- Assist with acknowledgment and recognition of event partners, volunteers and sponsors.
- Manage inventory of Community Engagement team supplies; conduct periodic inventory and recommend replacement as needed.
- Assist with data collection and management including volunteer and community event information.
- Work closely with the marketing team to coordinate needs for event and volunteer support.
The Central Texas Food Bank Community Engagement Department is looking to appoint a motivated, organized, detail-oriented intern with an interest in project management and a desire to work in a fast paced agency environment. The candidate should have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines. A sense of humor and humility are essential. Additionally, the ideal candidate will:
- be professional
- be outgoing, confident and personable
- have exceptional communication skills
- be able to interact with personnel at all levels of the organization
- be organized and detail-oriented
- be able to multi-task
- demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- be open to working some evening and/or weekend events
Accountable To: Community Events Specialist
Pay Rate: Unpaid
Time Commitment: 10—20 hours a week
Dates Needed: Fall, Spring and Summer semesters
How to Apply: Email your resume and a cover letter with “Community Engagement” in the subject line to email@example.com.