The Texas Aquaponic and TransFarming Center is looking for someone who is passionate about learning, contributing, and helping to pioneer incredible breakthroughs in sustainable food production.
This is an incredible opportunity for someone who understands the food crisis we are in, and wants to be involved in the solution. If you are passionate about the cause and have been looking for a way to become one of the pioneers, this may be the opportunity for which you have longed.
While this is not a paying internship, financial compensation may be available for a candidate with the right skill set. Some travel, both domestic and international is possible. We are currently involved with projects all over Texas as well as Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama, other parts of Central America, and remotely with other endeavors throughout the planet.
• Minor maintenance of Aquaponic systems, wicking beds, hugelkultures, fruit trees, tank gardens, keyhole gardens, traditional gardens, chickens and rabbits, etc.
• Co-organizing Aquaponic and TransFarming Classes, Workshops, and Meetups
• Development of marketing and public awareness materials
• Assist with various events such as Conferences, Meetups, and other public occasions
• Update and maintain training calendars
• Online research and reporting on various food related topics
• Coordinate future blog posts
• Manage website content
• Standard marketing and promotion experience
• Internet marketing experience using social networking media such as Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, blogs, etc.
• Ability to work independently and as part of the team
• Excellent communication skills
• Writing proficiency
• Graphic skills
• Fundraising experience
• Willingness to travel locally
• Google Analytics knowledge – monitoring and reporting on website and social analytics
• Web page development experience
• Comfortable with public speaking and/or training
For consideration, email pertinent information to intern@CleanFoodSolutions.org