Well Aware currently offers unpaid positions as social media intern & communications intern.
Well Aware’s internship program is designed to provide undergraduate and graduate students with an educational experience in implementation of clean water systems in Africa; community development, training and education in Well Aware project regions; development and/or organization and administration of Well Aware Austin office. Interns will be assigned a supervisor that will oversee and guide their experience.
The social media intern will be devoted to all of our media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn…); this includes assisting in content and creation. Social Media Intern must be available a minimum of 10 hours per week.
The communications intern will be devoted to assisting with all communications projects; this includes assisting in email content and creation, writing and applying for grants, writing blogs, and press releases. Communications Intern must be available a minimum of 10 hours per week.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Conducting prospect research on individual, foundation, and corporate donors
- Maintaining donor and grant databases and files, including calendaring deadlines, logging donations, generating and sending donor acknowledgements, logging donor appreciation efforts
- Supporting staff with logistics associated with special events, including assisting with the creation of invitation list, all logistics, soliciting sponsors, communicating with venue and vendors
- Attending/Volunteering at special events
- Tracking and evaluating all development efforts
- Working with Board of Directors Development Committee to implement development strategies
Ideal Candidates Must:
- Be responsible, flexible, hard‐working, ethical, and committed to the mission of Well Aware
- Possess a high level of organizational skills and be detail oriented
- Possess solid oral and written communication skills
- Be skilled at a variety of computer skills, e.g., Google Drive, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat
- Be able to operate standard office equipment
- Able to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Possess an interest in a nonprofit career ‐ particularly development and fundraising
How to apply?
Send your resume, availability and motivation statement to our office manager, Amy Prewitt – email@example.com