FALL FINANCE/OPERATIONS INTERN, UBUNTU FOUNDATION
PLEASE FORWARD OPPORTUNITY WIDELY
Ubuntu is a growing non-profit that has been active in Kenya and Austin for over a decade. We provide life-changing services for children with special needs in Kenya, and empower women through sustainable, high-quality jobs generated by socially responsible enterprises such as our growing fashion line. Ubuntu is helping drive a revolution in aid and development programs, focusing on the power of social responsible enterprises to support sustainable employment, education, and healthcare programs.
We’re looking for a part-time finance and operations intern who can join us in our central Austin office for 10-15 hours per week (flexible on scheduling). This person will work directly with the CFO/COO and the foundation manager. The position is unpaid, but we will provide substantial coaching and opportunities to take ownership over important initiatives to improve the organization’s financial performance. While the internship will include some administrative responsibilities, the focus will be on substantial analytical workstreams that will help drive revenue growth. It is a great position for a student looking to develop a career in social enterprise, management consulting, or e-commerce.
If you are interested, please email Nate Falck and Hanna Cofer with a one-page CV immediately!
• Work with the CFO/COO to design and develop a bi-weekly operational and financial dashboard. (Hopefully we will do this in Tableau, so this will be a great experience for somebody looking to demonstrate capabilities in the most important data intelligence software today.)
• Conduct financial analysis as necessary (e.g. identify causes of growth in sales or costs).
• Analyze web traffic statistics as necessary (e.g. to understand causes of dips or spikes in web traffic, set up A/B testing to optimize website, etc.).
• Generate bi-weekly operational and financial dashboard covering the entire organization, and extract key insights.
• Generate bi-weekly gift reports from Donor Perfect database, and extract key insights.
• Update and maintain our database of donors, including all gifts and donor information.
• Track weekly website statistics.
• Initiate donor stewardship arc, write thank you letters during membership campaigns, and assist in year-end tax letter generation.
• Contact donors whose cards are expired/declined.
• Able to come into our central Austin, TX office for 10-15 hours per week (timing flexible).
• Proficient in Excel.
• Familiarity with common financial statements a plus.
• Experience with web traffic statistics (Google Analytics) or Tableau are ideal but not required.