The Center for Maximum Potential Building Systems is hiring a summer Social and Online Media Intern. Join the oldest continuously operating nonprofit focused on sustainable planning and design in the United States in sharing the serious commotion it creates.
We are currently seeking a part-time (8-10 hours per week) Social and Online Media intern to manage our social media channels and blog. This is an unpaid internship that provides the opportunity to become involved with an organization that has helped put Austin on the map as a leader in influential green building initiatives. We want to engage the public in our work, both in the Austin community and beyond, and are seeking a talented, effective social media intern to maintain and enhance our online channels of communication. This internship runs from mid-May to mid-August with the possibility of extension.
• Update social and online media sites, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube on a regular basis• Update website blog on a regular basis
• Create compelling social media and blog content, including features on organizational news, relevant local, national, and international news, and ongoing blog series
• Develop and implement strategies to enhance reach and user engagement
• Track and analyze social media and website profile analytics/metrics
• Possibly expand social media channels to include Instagram, Tumblr, and/or others
• Experience managing multiple online communication channels: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube
• Available 8-10 hours per week; you can work remotely for 6-8 hours per week, but must be able to report to our Austin office for 2-3 hours each week for a check-in with supervisor (required onsite check-in time can be modified over time depending on need)
• Have a flexible schedule that allows for dynamic social media interaction and quick response during normal business hours
• Be an excellent writer and clear communicator
Preferred, but not required:
• Experience in HootSuite
• Experience in marketing, public relations, professional social media
• Knowledge of Drupal
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, and references (2 minimum) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The letter of interest should elaborate upon the candidate’s skills and how these skills may be applied to serve in the above capacities. Candidates with experience in professional social media are encouraged to submit examples of their work (sample posts) and metrics on social media channels they managed.
Candidates should be specific about availability and identify days/times they can work remotely, as well as days/times they can work onsite.