Texas Appleseed’s mission is to promote social and economic justice for all Texans by leveraging the skills and resources of volunteer lawyers and other professionals to identify practical solutions to difficult systemic problems.
|“Texas Appleseed has made a disproportionately broad and positive difference in the lives of many people, most often those who badly need help, but who have no voice in the political and legal issues that affect them. Our pro bono legal partners, our talented and deeply dedicated staff, and a Board passionate about rolling up their sleeves and being involved in our justice work contribute to significant justice gains for the most vulnerable — our children, persons with mental disabilities, the indigent, recent immigrants, and those who have lost so much to the hurricanes that have battered Texas’ coast.
Whether you are new to Texas Appleseed or an ongoing financial supporter or member of our Visionary Society, I urge you to become involved and stay involved and help us make greater justice for all a reality.”
Texas Appleseed Internship Program
Texas Appleseed is pleased to offer a small number of internships in a variety of project areas for students of law and public policy, as well as public relations. Students work under the guidance of experienced professionals and attorneys. Interested students should be dependable, have a desire to learn, and should demonstrate strong organizational and writing skills.
Public Relations Intern
The PR intern will report directly to the Communications Director. The intern will assist with media list development, weekly news updates and media outreach. The intern will also develop his/her writing skills by drafting press materials and assisting with editing. Texas Appleseed produces several publications each year, and the PR intern will have the opportunity to learn about the design and printing process.
- You must be available to work a minimum of 15 hours per week during the spring semester.
- Student must be a university sophomore, junior or senior. Student should have an interest in social and economic justice issues, marketing, advertising, communications or public relations.
- Send your cover letter, resumé and at least one writing sample.
- Send required materials to: Kelli Johnson, communications director
- Email: email@example.com
- Subject line of your email: (Your first name, last name) 2015 Spring PR Intern