General Description: The Credit Risk Analyst will contribute and assist in credit risk assessment and loan portfolio monitoring of private infrastructure projects such as renewable energy, transportation, and other clean energy projects in the Mexico-U.S. Border Region and public infrastructure projects of diverse types including water/wastewater, air quality, basic infrastructure and PPP’s. Day to day activities may include internal loan credit risk rating, financial/economic analysis, loan administration and covenant compliance and asset management tasks as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Credit Risk Rating:
- Aid in the analysis for internal loan credit risk ratings, along with determination of allowances for loan losses.
- Read, analyze and interpret financial documents.
- Perform analysis of key quantitative and qualitative factors.
- Elaborate detailed tracking reports based on information sourced from periodic project performance and financial reports, supported with historical operational data sets.
- Assist in reviewing loan documentation by assessing financial models, conducting scenario/sensitivity analyses.
- Leverage data from other NADB’s processes along with external information to perform relevant analyses and create briefings (presentations, data bases, writing of memoranda, and other reports as required) related to origination, execution and operation of projects.
- Collaborate during strategy implementation to minimize a loan’s overall risk and ensure stability within NADB’s loan portfolio.
- Perform supplementary quantitative analysis regarding loan risk ratings and other related work as required by the Department’s Director and/or supervisor.
Covenant Compliance and Portfolio Monitoring:
Serve as a liaison between Risk Management and the Project and Loan Administration (PLA) Department to facilitate information sharing for loan credit rating assessments and covenant compliance deliverables (e.g. financial reporting, insurance and guarantee verification, financial and operational performance reports, and additional monitoring activities as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in either the U.S. or in Mexico in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Economics, Business, Engineering, Accounting, Finance, or a related field preferably with a quantitative financial minor or background.
- In lieu of a solid Finance, Credit or Compliance professional background with evident strong credit skills preferred.
- Advanced proficiency with working with Excel spreadsheets, Word and PowerPoint programs. Ability to learn new technology rapidly and employed it for increased productivity. Prior exposure to pro-forma financial modeling and data base building preferred.
- Mathematical/analytical skills (ability to design, perform and evaluate economic/financial research).
- Knowledge of legal and banking regulations, general accounting principles, financial market concepts, and familiarity with loan compliance requirements.
- Experience in filing systems to ensure accurate maintenance of documentations and ease of retrieval.
- Strong analytical thinking and ability to exercise good judgment to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Superb attention to detail and advanced command of time management skills.
- Fully Bilingual in Spanish and English (verbal and written communication) to include the ability to prepare official correspondence and contractual documents in either language.
- Availability to travel as required.
For more information: https://www.nadb.org/about/careers