EcoRise Youth Innovations is a 501c3 nonprofit organization that inspires youth to tackle real-world challenges by teaching environmental literacy, social innovation and hands-on design skills.
EcoRise seeks a creative, motivated graduate student (or highly qualified undergraduate) interested in gaining valuable experience writing curriculum that teaches sustainability, design innovation and social entrepreneurship.
Candidates must show:
• demonstrated skill in curriculum writing and editing
• proficiency in MS Office formatting
• familiarity with state and local standards
• strong written and verbal communication skills
• punctuality with deadlines
Ideal candidates would also have one or more of the following:
• familiarity with design-thinking, social entrepreneurship, and project-based learning
• prior experience working in the classroom
• proficiency in InDesign
• STEM education expertise
Hours per week: 10-15 (or more depending on schedule)
Length of internship: Semester with possibility of extension
LOCATION: Center 61, 2921 E. 17th Street (LEED certified social entrepreneurship building near MLK Station housing over 15 area non-profits!)
START DATE: September 23rd-30th, 2013 (negotiable)
HOW TO APPLY
Email a resume and short letter of interest to Jonathan Stott, email@example.com. If you have questions prior to applying, please do not hesitate to contact Jonathan.