ADL is a leading provider of anti-bias education and diversity training programs and resources. Our workshops and trainings seek to help participants: recognize bias and the harm it inflicts on individuals and society; explore the value of diversity; improve intergroup relations; and combat racism, anti-Semitism and all forms of prejudice and bigotry. For those interested in learning specifics about ADL’s education programs, check out www.adl.org/education.
If you are interested please contact Megan Flowers as soon as possible with a resume and current references at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To provide broad ranging administrative and programmatic support to the Austin education department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide assistance to Austin staff on anti-bias training programs, including Confronting Anti-Semitism and Educators’ Breakfast.
- Assist in coordinating No Place for Hate® Central Texas schools, including school meetings and database management.
- Assist in developing a strategic plan and reports on anti-bias trainings and education programs.
- Attend, participate, and provide staff support in lay-led task forces and committees such as the Education Committee.
- Assist Education staff with administrative duties.
Does not supervise or train others.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills
- Understanding and appreciation of diversity issues
- Computer skills including word processing and database management
Community Service and/or education experience.
Course work or studies in social studies, education, or social work.
Ability to lift and carry between 10 and 15 lbs. Work schedule flexible to student’s schedule.
The information in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job, nor is it to be interpreted as a contract for employment.
Megan Flowers, Assistant Project Director
office phone: 512-249-7960 x11
3102 Windsor Rd. Suite D
Austin, TX 78703