Adding people to your Canvas courses is pretty simple. That is, once you’ve done it a couple times.
However, if you never have, it’s not the most “intuitive” process ever. So, here’s how you can add anyone to Canvas… as long as they have a UT EID.
And yes, they do have to have a UT EID to be added to Canvas. But luckily, all faculty, students, and staff do. If you don’t know the UT EID of the person in question, have no fear, the instructions for finding that out are here too, just scroll down the page a bit.
Here are the instructions for adding people to Canvas (there’s also a short video below):
- Log in to Canvas.
- Find the course in question.
- Click People in the left hand navigation.
- Click the +People button.
- Select Login ID.
- Type in the UT EID of the person in question.
- Select their Role from the dropdown menu of options.
- Click Next.
- Click Add Users.
And here’s how you can find any student, faculty, or staff member’s UT EID in the UT Directory: