You need help. But maybe you’re not sure whom to contact.
So… who you gonna call?
Below are three resources you can always turn to for assistance:
- the School of Nursing Instructional Designer (that’s me!)
- The Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL)
- and, Liberal Arts Instructional Technology Services (LAITS)
Sean White – ME! – Instructional Technology & Design Support within UTSON
- Instructional Technology support
- Need help with Canvas, Zoom, Proctorio, Panopto, Qualtrics, PowerPoint, or… dozens of other software and teaching tools?
- Not sure if a particular tool or software is approved for use at UT?
- If I don’t know the answer, I will find it or find someone who does.
- Instructional Design support
- Instructional Designers create things that help people learn. So, if you need ANY teaching-related assistance, not just with technology, I’m here to help. I can share ideas from other faculty or help you come up with a custom solution for your class and your students.
More information and lots of resources are available here on my blog: https://sites.utexas.edu/son-edtech-design/
CTL – UT Faculty Development & Instructional Support
The CTL provides all of UT faculty with many of the same services that I provide within the School of Nursing. But they also have the ability to do much more.
- Instructional Strategies
- Teaching with Technology
- Grad Student Development
- New Faculty Symposium
- Grants and Fellowships
All these and more are offered by the team at the CTL. And much more information is available on their website: https://ctl.utexas.edu/
LAITS – Desktop & Classroom Support
LAITS primarily helps us maintain our computer hardware and our physical equipment. They are also here to help us install and update software, ensure computer security, and more.
- Desktop support – need assistance with your office or work computer? Maybe you need to software installed or it’s time to upgrade you to a completely new computer.
- Classroom support – need help in a Nursing classroom with ANY of the audio/visual hardware in our classrooms? Maybe the projector isn’t working, or the microphone is malfunctioning, or you can’t find a USB port for the computer.
- Contacting LAITS
- They are available in-person in their 2nd-floor office (NUR 2.104P), please contact them by phone or email.
- You can call 512-471-5000 or email email@example.com.